Setting up 2-factor authentication (or 2FA for short) for any website that contains your private information is a very important step – whether it’s an email or social media account, iCloud, online banking, or sometimes even hardware like your phone or PC. But when it comes to cryptocurrency, setting up a 2FA is a lot more than a good idea, it’s an absolute must.
1. Open the "Settings" page in the upper right corner of the website and switch to the "Security" tab.
2. Follow the instructions in the tab: download an application suitable for your device, scan the QR-code, enter the validation code from the device to the corresponding field.
3. Print out or write down your backup code and keep it in a safe place. Somewhere where you won’t forget about it and where others won’t find it. If your device is broken, lost or stolen, this may be the only way to log in without asking for assistance from Bequant Support.
4. Click "Confirm".
5. Check your mailbox: there should be an email with link to confirm the authenticator. Click it within 10 minutes, before the link has expired.
6. Finally, decide all the situations when you’ll want to be asked for the 2FA code in the "Verification Settings" box. Simply select the desired options and then click the "Save" button.
Now your account is secure. Great job.
But please keep in mind that 2FA is not a 100% safety guarantee – if you click a link to scam site or use a scam application the scammers can get full access to all your devices without you noticing it.
Do not see a confirmation email in your mailbox? Try these recommendations.
Lost your 2FA device/deleted app? These tips will help you.
2FA codes do now work? Read this article.